Pages

About Me

My photo
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Well, I am me.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Writing, Happiness, and the TM Technique

When I want to write, I stop and start to write. I start. It's not hard. And it's not hard to keep going. It's fun to write. Do you think it's hard? Why don't you try? Just let yourself settle inside and start. Keep on. Is there anything that can be thought about, and considered, and explained better than it has been before? I like to think on paper. There is not enough happiness in collective consciousness. How can more be added to it? What is happiness, and where does it come from? Is it created out of nothing? Is it an illusion? As a practicer of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Transcendental Meditation technique, happiness has increased in my life. In my inner and outer life. I feel better inside, and my environment is more supportive of my being happy than before I learned the TM technique. The means of happiness, what are they? Anything that helps one be happy. TM meditators can be happy anytime they want. Because TM gives direct access to an unlimited amount of happiness. Here's an analogy, or perhaps more precisely, a metaphor and/or simile. How can a tree have enough moisture? It can draw sap into itself via the root. With it's root. A meditator can draw in happiness with his mind. The question arises, why would one be low on happiness? Is there any obstacle to being happy? Perhaps the simple notion that one can be happy reveals how to be happy. And what happiness is, too. Do we have to do anything to be? To exist? Descartes is quoted as having said or written, "I think, therefore I am". Does that mean we have to think in order to exist? If we don't do anything, if we don't act, we will die, I think. We act, we perform action. Have you ever had a thought? What does it mean to think? Can we think? Do you think? I think I think. And I think I exist. What am I? Harold Waldwin Percival, in his book Thinking and Destiny, described a Doer, a Thinker, and a Knower. I think he wrote that they make up, constitute, a Triune Self. Do we each have these three parts: a Doer, a Thinker, and a Knower? Or are they all one? To get back to happiness for a minute, how can a meditator (TM meditator) be happy? Realization. There is no obstacle. "You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you've a mind to." By Roger Miller. I'm told some people don't believe that there is any such reality as (a) mind. Practice Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation technique (learn the technique from a Certified Transcendental Meditation Teacher). Then it is self-evident. Self-evident. When a "human" body dies, does the mind die? I'm going to take some time now to practice the TM technique. It is 5:09 PM PDT now. Saturday, March 28, 2015.

No comments: