Pages

About Me

My photo
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Well, I am me.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

"...all appears to be dark." I am 66 years old, but it might be that I need to work. Just enough--two hours a day. I didn't want to move to this town. But I couldn't find an apartment in Minnesota, and I had no money for a motel. I had the means (a car and a pre-paid gasoline card) to get to this town where I lived from 1988 to 2002. I had heard that there were often vacancies in the apartment building I lived in for ten years in this town before. And a Facebook acquaintance who lives in this town said I could sleep on his couch until I found an apartment. That didn't pan out after I arrived. But I moved into this apartment ten days after I arrived. I survived in the meantime. This town is no place for my craft of chair seat re-weaving, caning. No work. So I need something to do of a concentrated nature five days a week; caning can't be it; it could in California where I lived for twelve years. And it could in Minnesota where I lived. At least furniture refinishing could, when I had a place there to do it. I think caning could provide me with two hours of work a day in Minnesota. Not here. When I was in Minnesota last, March 2016 to April 2017, I spent a lot of time providing services to my mother.

I could paint art here, but I use water soluble oil colors; and they give off fumes. They dry over a period of days, and I can't have windows open all that time. I could ask for work from a man here--in his law office. I could try to find out if there is a personnel office at the university in this town. 

No comments: